Due to the rapidly changing events around the COVID-19 Coronavirus pandemic around the world, there have been significant impacts on travel around the globe. Many tourist attractions have been temporarily closed and upcoming events have either been cancelled or postponed to a later date in the year.
While we will endeavour to ensure that our website has the most up to date information from all of the different attractions and events, we can only share information that has been released from the attraction owners and event organisers.
We encourage you all to check the official information sources for the most recent and up-to-date information (ie Official websites, Facebook Pages, Google, etc). Additional to this, please feel free to reach out to the owners/organisers via the phone numbers or email addresses listed on the pages. We are also free to answer any questions you may have.
Please refer to the official government news sources for the most accurate and up to date information on the virus, along with how this may impact you. The State Government of Victoria’s Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) can be found at: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/coronavirus
Many restricted businesses have already closed, a number of other activities have now been prohibited. All have been chosen because they are typically the places where people gather in numbers or come into close contact, or both.
The main restricted categories are:
- Pubs, bars nightclubs and hotels
- Recreational facilities
- Entertainment facilities
- Places of worship
- Some retail business
- Food and drink businesses
- Accommodation facilities
- Swimming pools
- Animal facilities
- Real estate auctions and inspections.
This is the current list of prohibited recreational facilities:
- Indoor physical recreation facilities, including gyms, swimming pools, yoga studios and saunas
- Outdoor recreational facilities, including tennis and basketball centres, but also including mini-golf centres, paintball, go-karts, rifle ranges, equestrian centres and outdoor pools
- Indoor personal training facilities
- Community centres and halls
- Libraries, including toy libraries
- Galleries and museums
- Youth centres
- Play centres
- Skate parks
- Outdoor communal gym equipment
All of the following facilities are closed:
- Concert halls and auditoriums
- Arenas, stadiums and convention centres
- Games arcades
- Amusement parks
- Casinos and other gambling business
- Brothels, strip clubs, escort agencies, sex-on-premises and other adult entertainment venues.
Any kind of animal facility that would normally attract a crowd is closed. This includes:
- Wildlife centres
- Petting zoos
- Animal farms that are not involved in producing food.
All places of worship, of all denominations, must now be closed. They may only be opened for the purposes of conducting weddings and funerals, and there are strict limits on the number of people who can attend.